Chester Gigolo: Diary of a Dog Star
by Christina Potter
Some dogs are born to be stars …
Chester Gigolo is a Berger Picard who dreams of stardom. In this diary of his ambitious first year, this canine actor, athlete, and author recounts his exciting life in New York City—from his rigorous puppy training to his athletic triumphs and quest for the limelight. Whether adventuring into town on his own, appearing on television, or posing for magazine covers, Chester always manages to find mischief. His unique hijinks have attracted national attention as well as occasional disapproval from his adoptive parents, Mom and Dad Potter. This Picard is one-of-a-kind, and his Diary of a Dog Star will entertain readers and dog-lovers alike.
About the Author
Christina Potter has been training dogs for over twenty years. She has trained various breeds such as Golden Retrievers, Chinese Cresteds, Berger Picards, and an Afghan Hound. She has spent thousands of hours working with dogs on print ads, websites, motion capture for video games, commercials, and television shows—both live and pre-recorded. She was the main trainer on such feature films as Funny Games, As Good As Dead, and Our Idiot Brother. She has also trained dogs to compete in Rally, Competitive Obedience, Conformation, and Agility.
Her first book, Chester Gigolo: Diary of a Dog Star, received rave reviews. Now she shares tips and advice on dog training, all humorously told from a dog’s perspective. In this book you will learn how you and your dog can become partners.
Christina, a federally-certified court interpreter, and her husband Taylor, a commercial airline pilot, currently live in the New York City area. They share their lives with their four dogs: Morgan, Hudson, Chester, and Pepe.
- “[T]he escapades you describe here … will surprise and delight most readers … We want more!” –The Latham Letter
- “A fun book for dog lovers of all ages. Light-hearted adventures of a very worldly dog, told by Chester, himself.” —Amazon reader review
- “The charm and of the writing and the silliness of Chester’s adventures makes this a book that will be enjoyed by any dog lover, both young and old.” —Amazon reader review
- “The adventures of Chester Gigolo are hilarious!” —Amazon reader review
- “Chester’s adventures and fabulous sense of humor had me laughing and smiling through out the entire book. A must read for any animal lover!” –Amazon reader review